Volunteer Opportunity: Treasurer Position
Would you like to get involved and help us shape our way forward?
Atlantic Flamenco Productions Society, known as Atlantic Flamenco (AF), is actively seeking engaged and dedicated individuals with a background in finance or accounting to join our Board of Directors.
About Atlantic Flamenco Productions Society
Atlantic Flamenco Productions Society, known as ATLANTIC FLAMENCO (AF), is a non-profit organization founded in 2007 and based in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Our mandate is to promote and disseminate flamenco and Spanish culture in the Atlantic region. We produce artistic, cultural and educational events that enrich city, province, and regional community life. Our main activities are our annual celebrations of World Flamenco Day and the Feria de Sevilla, or Seville’s April Fair, working closely with the Maria Osende Flamenco Company, one of Canada’s leading flamenco dance and music ensembles and outreach programs. We also offer workshops and professional development opportunities for those interested in learning flamenco in partnership with the Flamenco Dance School Maria Osende.
The Board Member – Treasurer is a volunteer role ideally located in Halifax, NS, Canada. However, we will consider working with individuals remotely or in a combination of both in-person and remotely.
The Treasurer will work closely with the Artistic Director and the Finance Committee to oversee AFP’s financial activities and reporting, including strategic financial planning, budgeting, forecasting, and preparing financial statements. The successful candidate will bring relevant experience, strong financial acumen, and a passion for the arts.
Scope of Work
- Chair the Finance Committee and serve on the Executive Committee.
- Ensure sound accounting procedures and processes and that financial records are properly maintained and accessible.
- Ensure compliance with CRA requirements and other public financial and tax reporting.
- Ensure the validation of financial operations through a formal review process.
- Reports to the Board on the results of this review.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with financial software and tools.
- Experience in financial management, accounting, budgeting, and forecasting.
- Ability to communicate financial information to non-financial stakeholders in a clear and concise manner
- Strong attention to detail.
- Passion for the arts and commitment to the mission and values of Maria Osende Flamenco Co.
Board members serve two-year terms. The time commitment averages 4-6 hours per month, with peak months when special events are coming up. Meetings occur every 6-8 weeks.
You can apply by contacting our chair, Wendy Rogers, to express your interest and why you would like to get involved; please include a CV. Wendy Rogers, email
Alternatively, you can fill out our Application form and we will contact you: